If you like diversity during your day, operating a small business out of your home can have its charms. Today has been one of those days that mixes business and pleasure in delightful ways.
While awaiting replies to outstanding client proposals, I’ve been able to juggle a variety of tasks:
- reaching out to former colleagues (and testing a new USB headset with Skype while doing so)
- answering questions of the loan processing agent who is helping with our refi
- updating LinkedIn contacts and some project wikis
- successfully installing Bootcamp to run Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro
- playing fetch with 2 kitties
- preparing Anadama bread so the smell of fresh-baked bread will greet my husband when he arrives home from work
- catching up on blogging, replying to comments, etc.
I also spent 45 minutes on the phone with a Mac specialist who’s a network geek. He was able to reconfigure my Apple Server to fix some DNS issues, and thanks to remote access, was able to do from his home office. Hooray!
So while I await follow-up on biz dev, I sit here at my office window enjoying the birds in the maple tree, the promise of spring flowers, and the purring kitty by my mouse pad. (There must be a reason they call it a “mouse.”)
It’s a lovely work-life balance.