Advance prep on some of the dishes starts today, so I can take a yin yoga class Thursday morning without feeling guilty.
We’ve planned it as a gourmet potluck meal — everyone contributes something. As hosts, we’ll roast the turkey, bake two pies and prepare the basic side dishes.
What’s on the menu?
- Roast turkey for 8
- Cornbread stuffing, made with homemade cornbread
- Old-fashioned cranberry preserves with ginger, raisins and walnuts
- Waldorf salad
- A special multi-grain wild rice concoction
- Brussels sprouts with walnuts
- Butternut squash with orange and ginger
- Mincemeat pie
- Pumpkin ginger pie with lots of spices
Everything on the menu will be prepared from scratch, including the pie crusts and stuffing.
Of course, we’ll have a selection of local Washington wines and some champagne-style sparklers to pair with the feast. Some light appetizers to munch on while waiting for the turkey to come out of the oven.
One of our artistic friends will beautify the table.
It’s lovely to celebrate with the contributions of multiple hands!