While driving to the dentist today, I was amused by the personal branding on the vehicle in front of me. The Toyota hybrid van displayed signs of the owner’s enthusiasms:
- a vanity plate with the knitting instructions K3 P2
- an oval sticker containing an abbreviation for “knitting”
- a license plate holder proudly displaying “Wellesley Alumna”
- a custom Washington “fish license plate” (a salmon, perhaps?)
It’s obvious to anyone who knits that the driver of this van is a knitting enthusiast. Someone in the family likes fishing or the out-of-doors.
- Although I can no longer remember the other stickers on the back of her van, I’m curious about the driver. Does she knit as a serious hobby, or as a source of income? Does she design and sell knitting patterns? Will I ever see her work in craft shops?
There was no contact info or URL on the back of the van, so I’ll never know… But the K3 P2 definitely brought a smile to my face on a grey afternoon.